Friday, August 1, 2014

Lucy's NBC and ABC comeback attempts

 This stuff seems like "recent Lucy" to me, but as I see how old these clippings are, I realize some younger fans may not have been alive then!

 Lucy always said she loved her work but the public didn't seem to have a slot for her to fill in her old age. I guess "I Love Lucy" just left too much of an impression.

Lucy's 1980 appearance on NBC was quite unusual and got some press at the time. She was trying to be a tv producer but her idea for a sitcom with Donald O'Connor just didn't work. It's available on DVD if you want to see it.



 In another attempt to come back to TV, it was all mostly rosy press for "Life With Lucy" on ABC in 1986...








The ratings started off pretty good but quickly went south and "Life with Lucy" was axed.  More on the public reaction to all of that in a a future blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment